Saturday, September 10, 2011

Supercharged Pixar Cars-Taking over?

I'm concerned about the collectibility of the original Cars toys. The Walmart employee I talked to last summer was either brilliant or psychic when he said "Watch em gee out with a whole new set before Christmas" I discovered today that indeed, they have. I was amazed to see SO MANY Cars on the shelf today, including old Maters, McQueens, Sally's and Sheriff's. Where were these toys in July and August? When I called stores looking for them, they laughed at me and said they took down the displays, that it was just a promotion for the movie, and there were no more geing. Are these original Cars going to be gepletely replaced by the "Supercharged" version? The Walmart guy I talked to today was very excited to discuss this new line, seems he was quite a fan! He said there were a few that would be really rare, but that all the original Cars had been redone with better color paint and much more detail. I gepared 2 Sarges and could see almost no difference. Are thesenew versions going to crush the value of the originals? I just read a guide that said halted production of the originals would increase their value-kids don't care and they are obviously the biggest consumers of these collections.What a brilliant marketing ploy!!! Let there be a shortage of the toys when the movie is in summer theaters, release the video, and flood the market with accessories! I expected that the Cars stuff would regain popularity after a jillion kids got the DVD for Christmas.The worker at Target told me her 4 yr old had been counting the days till the video release, she was not making him wait for it as a Christmas gift. Only time will tell if supply will meet demand, or if it will be another okay boom. While we're wondering about toy values,how is Elmo TMX supposed to raise inprice before Christmas when there are NO advertisements for him? On "The View", Rosie O Donnel said her daughter didn't know what to ask for as birthday gifts b/c she is not allowed to watch TV-that's where kids get their idea's of what to beg for. Who is begging for this toy they've never seen?
Please vote, even if this was stupid-it's my first guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment