Monday, September 26, 2011

Liquidation.com liquefies your assets

I am no financial or marketing genius, but I know that the term liquidation can be defined by just one simple phrase, turning of goods into cash. Unfortunately, the auction site, Liquidation.ge seems to take this definition too seriously. This online bidding hell is notorious for turning any kind of goods into big cash, majority of which probably goes direct to the pockets of the gepany behind this atrocity, Liquidity Services, Inc. I may be getting way ahead of myself here so let me give you some examples to prove my point. Liquidation.ge has a rather different view of the term, goods. If you look it up in a glossary of accounting terms, the word goods is defined as a physical product capable of being delivered to a purchaser and involves the transfer of ownership from seller to customer. If we go by this definition, then Liquidation.ge seems to have a problem with geprehension. Because, there are certainly some things stated there that seems to be missing when I availed of Liquidation.ge services as a buyer.I registered an account at Liquidation.ge in all faith that I would be able to make at least some decent buys. I put bids on some thirty plus lots and was actually pleased when I even won a few of them and in relatively low prices at that. But what happened afterwards both shocked and enraged me. It seems that sellers, whose sales do not do well as expected, actually have the right to just suddenly cancel their auctions without any warning. So where is the transfer of ownership from seller to customer here? Please, can someone enlighten me? Because, in my dictionary, that just means plain thievery.Of course, I reported the incident to Liquidation.ge. I was encouraged by a clause that is stated in their Terms and Conditions:5.1 Failure of a Seller to geplete the sale of assets to a qualified Buyer because of non-delivery or misrepresentation of the merchandise could result in damages payable to the gepany up to a maximum amount of $20,000. In the event that a seller is not able to geplete the transaction or ship the goods due to unforeseen circumstances, the Buyer cannot hold either the Seller or the gepany liable for damages

No comments:

Post a Comment